How can I use BeCalendar on my site? If you already or considering having a website or a web app built on the latest components to create a event site, booking site, appointment site, personal scheduling site, or any other site using CI framework this script is for you. The idea is to display member’s public events on a JQuery Fullcalendar on your frontend (visitors page) of your site and control or edit them at the backend (member or admin page) similarly like any other CMS site that can easily edit contents and have it displayed to the public.
A registered member has the option to add, update, delete and make their events public or private with attachments. Also with a lot more features, see demo.
The BeCalendar events can be created, updated or deleted by dragging, re-sizing, clicking and touching each event without the page ever reloading or redirects.
Clicking/touching each event is displayed in a bootstrap model(pop-up menu), there you are able to enter your event information, colors, location and attachments. Also, delete by checking the trash bin icon check-box and save.
- Supports MySQL or any supported databases.
- JSON – Allows your app to share all of your public events by url. (yoursite.com/home/json).
- RSS Feeds – Share your public events by rss feeds (yoursite.com/feeds).
- Link Events – Members are able to link each of their events to their Google, Yahoo and live calendars.
Members & Administration
- Administration – Administrators of the site are able to moderate the site and other activities.
- Member Profile – Members are able to update their details, change password and etc..
- Member’s unique url – Show the world your own public events (yoursite.com/yourusername)
- Attachments – Add/Update/Delete events with an allowed attachment extension (txt,docx,zip…).
- Recurring Events – Add/Update events daily, weekly, monthly and yearly by resizing, dragging and clicking.
- Background Events – Add events that appear as background highlights.
- Google Maps – Members are able to use the google maps to view all their events location instantly.
- Import/Export – Import and Export ICal files (ics, ical) that are used by many popular calendars.
- Search – Allowing visitors or members to search for public or their own private events by title.
- Touch – Add/Update/Delete events by touching or dragging events. Supported by many touch devices.
- Event Category – Members are able to filter events by categories and add, update and delete their categories.
- Event Source – Members are able to view calendar feeds by url and add, update and delete their event sources.